Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I would go out tonight...but I haven't got a stitch to wear

I've decided I'm going to post about music more... starting right now. Music is one of the easiest things for me to share, mainly because I'm always listening to it and obsessively searching for more... Here's something sweet for summer: Canadian indie-pop band Stars' cover of The Smiths' "This Charming Man." The original is one of my personal favorite songs ever, and Stars' take on it borders on sugary chillwave surf-rock in the best possible way. Their new album, The Five Ghosts (the first since 2007's In Our Bedroom After the War), is slated for release by Soft Revolution Records on June 22nd. I don't know about you, but I'm counting down the minutes...

Check out their new single "Fixed" as well, I predict that for me at least, it'll be a sure go-to summer tune for those lovely long windblown drives down the PCH, alongside the ocean... California dreamin' already and I don't even go back 'till the end of the month. Ah well..



Speaking of interesting new 80's covers, Miles Fisher recently recorded his own electro-pop version of Talking Heads' "This Must Be the Place" (another of my all-time favorite summer jams)... check out his tongue-in-cheek music video for the cover. Warning: it's much funnier if you've seen American Psycho (2000). I mean, the guy is a dead-ringer for Christian Bale... how could he not? Amazing.




Side note: if anyone knows how to make videos actually fit into these blog posts and not get cut off, please let me know!! Getting on my nerves....

2 comments:

  1. hey, how do you usually listen to and find new music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. either through friends or I read music blogs.. my favorites are stereogum and off the radar music, check them out! xx

    ReplyDelete